Pages

Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Jeju Island : Seungsan Ilchubong 城山日出峰

After taking our lunch, we went to Seungsan Ilchubong(城山日出峰), another UNESCO World Heritage site which is also top tourist spot in Jeju-do. 

Seongsan Ilchulbong Peak (182 meters high) rose from the sea in a series of volcanic eruptions beginning over 100,000 years ago.The site resembles an old fortress on a coastal cliff and was originally a volcanic island but was later connected as sand and gravel accumulated in between. The sunrise seen from the peak is considered one of the most fascinating scenic views in Jeju.

p1040196_副本
MY at Seungsan Ilchubong. *Peace*
P1040129_副本
We and the SeungSan.

Hiking towards the peak:

p1040181_副本p1040180_副本p1040133_副本
At first, I was energetic to hike.
p1040137_副本
Then, I am tired after few stairs(I have lousy stamina.)
p1040139_副本
And, I was standing on the stairs.
Looking at the peak and wondering when will I reach the peak.
p1040145_副本
Even though I am tired, I still able to pose and smile when I saw this beutiful rock.
p1040169_副本
Another pretty rock at SeungSan.

After hiking for about 20 minutes, finally me and my sister reached the peak. *Yiba yiba an de leh"*

Views from the peak:
dscf8243_副本
Panoramic shot of the crater. 
The crater looks like a diamond crown with those little rocks on the tips.
dscf8240_副本
p1040162_副本
p1040148_副本
All the sweat that flow down from my head and body is worthy when I saw these magnificent view.
p1040150_副本
Before we left the peak, I snap a picture with these.

Last but not least,
P1040128_副本
Dol Harulbang again.

5 comments:

Jeff Chuah said...

seriously, i read a lot of blogs on Jeju and everyone seems to be praising the island non stop...

SuFang (Careen) said...

Wow so nice you visited Korea! Wanna go there too XD

Henry Tan said...

wow nice scenery! wish to go there one day!

Anonymous said...

How long did it take you to walk up to the peak?

m33iyin said...

Hi anonymous. It tooks me about 20min... well, i have bad stamina...so I keep on stop by to rest n take pix