Pages

Thursday, August 16, 2012

Explore Jeju-do with The Local Tour Guide

When we were planning our itinerary for the South Korea Trip, my mum insisted to spend 3 days 2 nights in Jeju-do while me and my sis was keep on saying "Objection" because we thought that Jeju-do has nothing special to see but only scenery. However, my mum won the battle.

And, you know what, after coming back from Jeju-do, I would say, Jeju-do worth a visit, and I definitely will visit the beautiful island again.

WHY? Because of the beautiful scenery. Well, I am lame. Earlier I was refused to spend more time in Jeju-do because there only have scenery, but now, I would say, the scenery in Jeju-do is magnificent, beautiful, unique and that’s why she is honored as one the Seven Wonders of the Nature in the World.

Accurately, we spent only 2 days in Jeju-do since we took the earliest flight back to Seoul on the third day. So, to save the time and cost of travelling from places to places, we hired a taxi tour guide.

After sending out several emails to the tour guides, we are lucky enough to have Xuan ShiFu(玄庸昊师傅) as our tour guide on the second day. According to his colleague, he is the number one Chinese taxi tour guide in Jeju-do. If you ask me to grade him, I would give him 101% because he is a nice tour guide. I will let you guys know more about him in my upcoming posts on Jeju-do.

If you are planning a trip to Jeju-do, do contact him at love-jeju@hanmail.net.
The price that he quote for us is 130,000Won for 8 hours(exclude entrance fee,parking fee and the tour guide’s lunch) pay 10,000Won for extra an hour. (He work extra 3 hours and only ask us to pay 20,000Won, some more he gave us a teddy bear keychain). Fyi, if you are hiring a tour guide in Jeju-Do, you need to pay for his lunch.
P1040469_副本
We and our beloved tour guide, 玄庸昊师傅.
Picture taken at Trick Art Museum.

Other tour guides that have nice testimonials are:
Mr Sin Dong-Chul (enkasin4353@naver.com)
梁先生(datoucn@naver.com)
Richard Kim (skimsr@hanmail.net)

15 comments:

YK Lau said...

Hello there, I find that your blog is very useful because I am leaving to Jeju in another 2 weeks, and I am looking for a taxi driver for a full day trip. You mentioned that you paid for the taxi driver/tour guide's lunch as well, do you mean that he had lunch with you all or you paid separately for his meal? Can you give me an idea on how much to spend on his meal for a full day trip (8 hours)? Thanks ^_^

m33iyin said...

YK Lau, for the first day, the driver sit at another table, and he ordered the food he want. Then,we paid for his meal.

On the second day, the driver that I compliment in this blogpost, sat down and ate with us. And, the bill is on us.

They only take lunch with us during the trip.

Hopefully this is useful to u.

Anonymous said...

Hello! I found your blog on local tour guide in Jeju which is quite interesting to me as I am planning to get a local tour guide there too. I have some questions here. It would be very great if you could help me in clearing my doubts as below based on your experience:

1)There is 4 adults and 2 kids for us in a tour, do you think the taxi guide can take all of us in his taxi?
2)How much roughly did you spent on the meal for the tour guide per day?
3) The fee is excluding parking fees and I wonder would the parking fees be expensive there?

Sorry to bother you with the questions but I have browsed for quite sometimes and didn't able to get any help on that and our family is planning to go there beginning of next year. Have to do up some research. I am hoping you will be my saviour!!

Thanks with regards,
Kim Fong

m33iyin said...

Hi Kim Fong.
I not sure whether the taxi guide can take up all the 6 persons or not. But you can email him at the email that i wrote in the blog post, perhaps he will arrange a bigger car to fetch you.

About the lunch, the taxi guide ate with us and we paid 50,000KRW for a medium size hotspot seafood(share among us and the driver). My driver brought us to shop that selling cheap nice foods.

So far, for the places that I visited in the jeju island, most of the places did not have parking fee surcharge. except the jusangjeolli cliff, the parking fee is either 1000 or 2000 KRW~

Hopefully my reply is useful to you.

Anonymous said...

Hi! Thank you so much for taking your precious time in replying my questions. Your answer has been very helpful. I have bought my airtickets to Jeju Island but have not contacted any driver yet. Will do it within this month.

Best regards,
Kim Fong

m33iyin said...

Hi Kim Fong. You are welcome. Hope you able to get a friendly tour guide and do enjoy your trip.

Yingel said...

Hi,

Chanced upon your blog as I'm trying to find a driver in Jeju. May I know where did you get the testimonials for the 3 drivers at the end of the post? Thanks in advance!

Anonymous said...

It is just two weeks from my trip to korea. Is there lot of local tour offered there? You got the local tour guide only when u reach Jeju or you settle everything before you go?

m33iyin said...

Hi Yingel. I got the contact numbers and testimonials of the other drivers from Chinese forum. Such as the Cari Forum and also the 背包客站。

To Anonymous, I plan all my trips before I reach Seoul and Jeju. I didn't take any local tours. I just walk around the city from the homeworks I did before the trip. About the driver in Jeju, I book for him 3 months in advance.

Anonymous said...

Hi!

Your blog is really useful :)i've been trying to find a local guide to take my mom and I around in Jeju. I was wondering if Xuan shifu can speak English or if u could recommend me one that could. Thank you so much>

m33iyin said...

Hi Anonymous.
Thanks for reading my post. XuanShiFu can speak Chinese well, but I don't think he can speak English.

I do not have any contact numbers for tour guide that can speak English. Sorry about that.

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for your blog, we also planning to visit Jeju island on October, I would like to know that if I email to Xuan ShiFu, should I write in Chinese or English? And can you recommend us the nice places we should visit and convenient hotel to stay? thanks:)

m33iyin said...

Hi Anonymous. I just back from trip and so sorry for replying this late.

U can email XuanShiFu in Chinese.
I personally think that Manjanggul Cave and Ilchubong is a must visit in Jeju Island.

For accomodation I will suggest u to stay in the hotel that I stayed before. Read more at http://m33iyin.blogspot.com/2012/08/mys-hostel-stay-hk-jeju-i-jeju-do.html

onlinetiket said...

Hi, thank you for your blog. For anonymous that want to go to jeju at october, may iyou want to share hire taxi with me? I'm paln to go jeju at oct 28-31 but for two days. Maybe we have same plan, so we can share. Thank you.

Anonymous said...

hi meeiyin

can i have XuanShiFu email add ?
coz i will rch at jeju on 25th november for 4 days 3 night , we wish to hv his service for us.

Thanks
Helen