Pages

Sunday, July 21, 2013

Transportation to and around Hua Hin

Before I talk about transportation to this city, I think I should give a brief and simple introduction on Hua Hin.

Hua Hin is a beach resort town in Thailand, about 3 hours car journey from the Bangkok City. Not only the tourists and Thai residents love this city, and the Thai Royal does too. Hua Hin has its popularity among the tourists from Western countries, but currently it gain its attention from Malaysians, which I personally think the Santorini Park plays a role in it.

So this is a super lousy introduction from me. >.<
Lets talk about transportation now.


Transportation to Hua Hin from Bangkok
We took a ride to BTS Victory Monument Station.From here we took the minivan to Hua Hin(180THB per person). The minivan departs every 30minutes, or when the minivan is full, which is 15 passengers in a minivan. The minivan dropped us at Dechanuchit Road, accurately Soi Hua Hin 57.

I would say, that is a very congested condition, like sardin in can. I almost have asthmatic attack due to the poor air circulation(plus the aircond broke down *cry*

Besides minivan, one can also go to Hua Hin by domestic flight, bus, train and taxi.
I don’t know the price for flight, bus and train. But my friends get a taxi to Hua Hin, 5 of them shared 3000THB for a MPV type taxi.


Transportation around Hua Hin
I want to say I am such a fail blogger. I forgotten to take pictures of the transportations I took.
Sorry my friends. But I promised I will share the information as details as possible.

We met Mr Tee at the junction beside Swensen’s ice cream shop(near Soi Hua Hin 57), we told him we wanted to go Santorini Park, Swiss Sheep Farm, Mrigadayavan Palace and Venezia. He quoted us 1400THB for a one day trip to that 4 places(another taxi driver quoted 1800THB). So, sure we took up his offer.
His songthaew is looked like this.
(Picture from Mr Google)

Besides that, by using the same songthaew, Mr Tee offered to bring us to Cicada Market at the price 300THB/2 ways.

Minibus service available in Hua Hin city. We took the minibus to Plearn Wan eco village at 10THB per person.
The minibus is a bigger size of songthaew.
(Picture from Mr Google too)

Transportation from Hua Hin to Bangkok
I really scared of the sardin like condition in minivan that I took from Bangkok to Hua Hin, so we asked the quotation from Mr Tee again. He first quoated 3000THB, then at the end, he offered us 2500THB for a van that fits 11 of us back to Bangkok. Only 230THB per person, sure I say YES!
Our comfy van. <3

Oh ya, I noticed some drivers offered 4 seaters car to Bangkok at 1500THB and 6 seaters car at 2000THB.
So that’s all for the transportation expenses we spent for this 3d2n Hua Hin trip. The price are just for reference. It might be cheaper(which I couldn’t found) or become expensive from time to time. Last but not least, if you are interested to book transport from Mr Tee, here is his phone number(083-8884150) 

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi girl. May I know how u get this mr tee as ur driver? He charge you for the total of 1400thb for the whole day tour for 4places? How to contact him instead of hp number that you provided? Can email?
Looking forward for your reply, your blog do help alot, before this the price that offered from other driver is 3000bht - 8000bht which is quite ridiculous. My side only have 2pax.

Anonymous said...

Meeiyin: harlo~ thanks for the useful information in your blog, it helps alot. How is Mr Tee service? Is it okay? Can he be trusted and speak English?

m33iyin said...

Anonymous 1:
Hi. Glad to know that my blog post provide some useful info to you. Mr Tee and his crew provided good service, that's why I recommended him toe everyone in my blog. A friend in forum who took up his service after my recommendation also claimed he satisfied with it.
Mr Tee can be trusted, he can speak simple English.

Anonymous 2
Hihi. thanks for reading my blog. I met him in the Hua Hin Town when we are looking for transport around the city. I only have his phone number.
Yup, he charged 1400THB for 4 places and not to mention the service provided is awesome.
The price you got is really expensive. Is it you ask for quoatation from Bangkok to Hua Hin?

jeant said...

hiMeeiyin,
Thanks for sharing with us of your trip to HuaHin. My family of 6 will be travelling to Huahin on 14th Dec. We want to visit the few places which you mentioned.Do I need to call Mr Tee a few days earlier before I depart or when I arrive at Hua Hin to book his van. Thank you.er

m33iyin said...

hi jeant. you can contact Mr Tee upon your arrival at Hua Hin town to book the transport you need to travel around Hua Hin.

Unknown said...

Graceful written content on this blog is really useful for everyone same as I got to know. Difficult to locate relevant and useful informative blog as I found this one to get more knowledge but this is really a nice one.
รถสไลด์