Pages

Sunday, October 7, 2012

Sleeping Bus

Travel by sleeping bus is one of the must try experience in Vietnam. Instead of maintaining myself in a sitting position for a 7-8 hours bus journey, I can lie down and sleep along the journey.

We travel from Ho Chi Minh to Dalat and from Dalat to Ho Chi Minh by taking sleeping bus under Phuong Trang bus company(one of the trusted open tour bus company in HCM, others are Mailinh and Sinh Cafe). They do offer sleeping bus for a daytime trip too. The ticket was 210,000VND per person(around RM30). 

A bag was given us to keep our shoes before we on-board(No shoes are allowed in bus). Then bus steward gave us wet tissue and a bottle of mineral water.


Snapshots of sleeping bus
dscf9073_副本img_0429_副本3 rows of beds, which divided into upper and lower bunk beds.
I prefer the upper bunk which is nearer to the aircond and
to avoid the nice smell coming from passengers’ feet.dscf9283_副本Complimentary blanket.
And the little space to keep my bag and my feet. IMG_0425_副本Adjust the seat/bed higher if you want to sit along the journey
img_0427_副本
Adjust the seat/bed lower if you are ready to sleepPhoto1052I was so excited to sleep in the sleeping bus.

What MY think about the sleeping bus?
At first, I hardly fall asleep because of the limited space.
After turning my body left and right for around 2 hours,
finally I got my best pose and sleep soundly.

I was thinking why sleeping bus only found in Indochina but not Malaysia.
Because I feel comfortable and I can save 1 night hotel stay when I travel using sleeping bus.
And, I got my answer.
Vietnamese are in small size and Malaysians are living well here.
Thus, the bed definitely cant fit for those “hangfook” people.

Overall, if you are not overweight and want to save 1 night hotel stay,
sleeping bus is a good choice for a long hours journey.

Last but not least,
Photo1056
Off the light and sleep.
ZzzzZzzzZ

11 comments:

Sherry said...

好特别的 sleeping bus ,RM 30 一点都不贵……
省钱是一回事,这样的体验很难得啊!

m33iyin said...

慧慧,sleeping bus对我来说真的是很不错+难得的体验。虽然床位有点小,不过总比坐在巴士上7-8个小时来得舒服~可惜,这样的巴士真的不适合在我国run~

Grace'S Story said...

我从大勒回胡志明是也乘搭Sleeping Bus, 不过我的Sleeping Bus经验就没那么理想了,8个小时的路程,巴士司机不是鸣笛... "Horn, Horn...",加上临时买票被安排"躺"在最后一排, 没办法好好休息... T.T

m33iyin said...

Grace's Story, 你乘搭的是Night还是Day Sleeping Bus?我回胡志明时,搭Daytime Sleeping Bus,司机也是一直鸣笛,可是我还是有大概睡一下(很猪的说~)

tortoisebox said...

what are the timing for the sleeper bus? will be going next month! am from singapore btw lol.. hard to find any timetable available. they mentioned that the sleeper bus is dangerous for the dalat route. is that truly so?

tortoisebox said...

what are the timing for the sleeper bus? will be going next month! am from singapore btw lol.. hard to find any timetable available. they mentioned that the sleeper bus is dangerous for the dalat route. is that truly so?

kl to penang said...

The sleeping bus is very convenient. Have a look at it

m33iyin said...

Hi tortoise box. The journey between Dalat and HCM city took around 7 hours. I not sure how is the road because I spent most of my time sleeping in the bus. Hehe. For Phuang Trang, almost every hour have bus to Dalat.

hotels booking Singapore said...

That makes the journey so comfortable.

Unknown said...

Hi, I found your blog about sleeping bus. I'm going to HCM and Dalat next month. i wanted to know, how did you bought the sleeper bus ticket? did you purchased it thru online or on the spot buy. Hope you can help me. thanks in advance

mitty666 said...

Hi Masturah. My Vietnamese friend helped me to buy the bus ticket from HCM to Dalat.
U can ask your hotel to help you in buying the ticket.